Home Healthcare Aides – Community Medicaid
The costs of privately paying for help in a client’s house can be an unexpected expense that may financially ruin a client and can often be minimized by applying for Community based Medicaid services.
If a client qualifies, Medicaid is available to pay these costs for an eligible individual. Futterman & Lanza, LLP will handle the application process from beginning to end. Some of the services we include as part of a flat fee arrangement include:
- Preparing a strategy to achieve Medicaid eligibility while maximizing the protection of income and assets of the applicant as well as the applicant’s spouse (if appropriate).
- Preparing and executing necessary legal documents to not only achieve immediate Medicaid eligibility, but also to prepare for further potential emergencies.
- Coordinate the contribution of a client’s income into a Pooled Income Trust which can be used to pay household/living and any expenses in the client’s name.
- Assign an advocate (e.g., a geriatric care manager or social worker) to coordinate the client’s enrollment into a Managed Long-Term Care insurance company (“MLTC”).
- Assign an advocate (e.g., a geriatric care manager or social worker) to speak with the nurse representing the MLTC prior to the nurse’s medical assessment of the client and request as many hours of service as possible.
- Advising the client, family, and designated representative (power of attorney) about all eligibility options including, but not limited to:
- Appropriate transfers of assets
- Gifts of assets
- Loans of assets, and
- Purchase of assets
- Advising the client about the income, gift, and estate tax consequences related to all available planning options.
- Preparing the Medicaid application
- Obtaining necessary information required to be submitted with the application, and
- Reviewing any correspondence from Medicaid including case decisions.
Free consultation We offer a free initial consultation with an elder law and estate planning attorney.Call : 631-979-4300