The costs of nursing homes in New York can range between $10,000 per month to over $18,000 per month. Paying these costs privately can only go on for so long and most clients prefer to have their homes and life savings go to their intended beneficiaries and family members and not to nursing homes or towards the costs of care.
However, if one qualifies, Medicaid is available to pay these costs for an eligible individual. Futterman & Lanza, LLP will handle the application process from beginning to end. Some of the services we include as part of a flat fee arrangement include:
- Preparing a strategy to achieve Medicaid eligibility while maximizing the protection of income and assets of the applicant as well as the applicant’s spouse (if appropriate).
- Preparing and executing necessary legal documents to not only achieve immediate Medicaid eligibility, but also to prepare for further potential emergencies.
- Advising the client, family, and designated representative (power of attorney) about all eligibility options including, but not limited to:
- Appropriate transfers of assets
- Gifts of assets
- Loans of assets, and
- Purchase of assets
- Advising the client about the income, gift, and estate tax consequences related to all available planning options.
- Preparing the Medicaid application
- Obtaining necessary information required to be submitted with the application, and
- Reviewing any correspondence from Medicaid including case decisions
Free consultation We offer a free initial consultation with an elder law and estate planning attorney.Call : 631-979-4300